This new project will put your research, writing and web development skills to the test by using a Content Management System (CMS) to create a website. Wordpress is a dynamic CMS that creates websites with complex components such as mobile ready, dynamic content and can even include commenting/blogging/fields and forms and much more.
Wordpress Project Process:
- Log into your wordpress site, your website address is something like "yourname.schs.launchbrigade.com"
- Add "/wp-login.php" to the end of your domain to see your login screen
- Once you are logged in you will see the Dashboard for your site. Here is where you may create pages, blogs and add other plugins. You may also use different themes and alter them. Here you may also edit the content of each page and drill down deeper to modify CSS/PHP scripts for custom modifications.
- That's it! All the editing happens in the browser... update to view your changes and make sure it looks great from the public viewpoint.
Wordpress Project Specifications:
- You will be randomly assigned a subject to research for this preliminary WP project, research and gather as much evidence, information, imagery and date that you can on your given subject. These can include text, photos, videos, graphs, diagrams and animation. Record your sources for all information for citation.
- Create 150 words written content on your subject topic for your informational page.
- Create a 3 page WP site to present your information. These pages can be split between a Front Page, an Informational Page and a page the cites all the sources of the information you gathered.
- Modify all editable areas of your theme, no default images/text may be left behind from the original theme.
Follow the links and videos below to get started with using WP, making posts and pages and installing themes.