Read the details of this project thoroughly before beginning, it consists of 2 parts. Part 1 is a writing assignment that must be created as a simple HTML page. The second assignment is to create a CSS script to enhance the look of the HTML page. Due on Tuesday.
Writing Assignment - A Summary of our studies in ROP Web Design
- Create a new blank HTML file
- Format the HTML file with the proper HTML tags and Doctype declaration
- Write a title for your page. Format it with the h1 tag
- Write a subtitle for your page that includes your name and grade and what city you where born in. Format it with the h2 tag
- In your own words write a paragraph that summarizes your experience with computers and programming before this class began. Format it with the paragraph tag
- In your own words, write a second paragraph that summarizes what you have learned so far in this ROP Web Design class.Format it with the paragraph tag
- Add your notes from the previous lecture "how the internet works" and "the history of the internet" and todays lecture as well "CSS".
- Save your document in a new project folder called "mini css site" and make sure it is called "index.html"
CSS Assignment - Format Your Content
- Create a new blank CSS file
- Create a set of CSS Rules to format your h1, h2 and p tags
- Use CSS to modify the color of your text, the font and the text size
- Use CSS to modify your p tag to indent your text and create a colored background for the paragraph
- Explore CSS properties to enhance your page, use CSS creatively!
- Save your CSS document in the same folder as your HTML file
- Create a link in the head of your HTML document to link to your CSS file